How to setup Extender
Got a new wireless extender? Congratulations! We would like to commend you on your great decision. However, it is important to know how to setup extender. In this article, we will explain to you how to set up a wireless range extender. We all know that wireless range extenders are used to extend the wireless signal range of the existing wireless network. Wireless range extenders pick up the root signal of the wireless router and repeat it to the previously dead zones. You will get to know about the setup process of the wireless range extender in this article. Read this tutorial until the end in order to avoid any confusion.
NEW EXTENDER SETUP
In this section, we will explain you how to setup extender in a simple and easy way. We have provided some of the basic instructions to explain you the setup process. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully in order to ensure a hassle-free experience.
- Connect your range extender with the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug the one end of the Gigabit Ethernet cable into the wireless extender and another end into any LAN port of your computer.
- Now, plug the power adapter of your wireless range extender into the power source. Make sure you plug the range extender in the area where you previously experienced bad signal strength
- Open a web browser on your computer that is connected to the range extender.
- Enter the default IP address into the address bar and click Go. You can also go to the official web address of your new extender.
- Once you access the setup page, you will see a tab named “Get Started”. Click on this tab.
- Select whether you want to configure 2.4 GHz or 5GHz wireless network and click Next.
- Now your setup wizard will take you to the wireless network settings. These settings include Network Name (SSID), the Network Key, and Security Type.
- Choose a network name according to you and assign a strong password to your range extender.
- Now you will be directed to the last page where you will see a tab named “Create extended network”. Click on this tab and your range extender will be set up.
how to setup extender
Now that you have successfully configured the settings of your wireless range extender, make sure that you save the settings that you have done. Now the device will restart so that the settings take effect on it. If you don’t save the settings, your device won’t be able to make changes.
We hope that this article helped you to know how to setup extender in a simple and easy way. In case you face any issue while attempting to set up the wireless range extender, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you.